Monday, February 1, 2010

I WOULD DIE 4 U ~ BY PRINCE

"I Would Die 4 U" is a song by Prince and The Revolution, and the fourth single in the U.S. from their 1984 album, Purple Rain. The up-tempo dance song was a top 10 hit (the last from the album) in the U.S. "I Would Die 4 U" is thought by some Prince fans to be sung from the viewpoint of Jesus. On the 12", and in Purple Rain Tour concerts, Prince changes the lyrics from "I'm your messiah" to "He's your messiah", pointing to the sky as he sings the line.The extended version of "I Would Die 4 U" is the B-side of the 1989 release of "Erotic City" (the artwork for that single features the same image of Prince that was used for the cover of "I Would Die 4 U").




No comments:

Looking for your favorite artist, youtube videos, songs and lyrics? search this blog!!