Sunday, June 14, 2009

THE LETTERMEN

THE LETTERMEN



The Lettermen are an American pop music vocal group. The Lettermen's trademark is close-harmony pop songs with light arrangements. They were popular mainly with adult audiences during the 1960s.
The Lettermen were unknown until they signed with Capitol Records in 1961. Their first single for Capitol, "The Way You Look Tonight," succeeded on the Billboard Hot 100 pop chart, and their next, "When I Fall in Love," reached the Top 10 in late 1962. They had several other Top 10 hits, such as the 1965's, "Theme From A Summer Place". In late 1967 Bob Engemann resigned, and was replaced by Jim Pike's younger brother, Gary Pike. The hits continued with the 1968 medley "Goin' Out of My Head"/"Can't Take My Eyes Off You", and in 1968 with "Put Your Head on My Shoulder", plus 1969's "Hurt So Bad", which reached number 12. The last successful single was in 1972, "Love" a solo by Pike.

here's some of the greatest hits
"SEALED IT WITH A KISS"



"THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT"



"THE WONDER BY YOU"




"UNCHAINED MELODY"




see more of the Lettermen here soon

3 comments:

Living next to me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Living next to me said...

thank you for show me who sing the wonder of you, I boyfriend sing it too me when I was young but I never knew who sing it on rekord . Now I find them on Itunes and you tube. So thank you...'''Big hug Frida

Living next to me said...

hi again , i havent now you for long but i.m so happy i find out who singing this song so i hope you go to my side and get a award, just one i made , my cat and i made it together , thank you for make my day...
Frida

Looking for your favorite artist, youtube videos, songs and lyrics? search this blog!!